A simple Minesweeper clone to test employee candidates. This project is not finished, and it is indented to be so.
Tools in use
Fork this repository and implement a working Minesweeper game. The ground work and the basics are done, but the gameplay needs work.
Feel free to implement / work on any part of the project and try to make it a working Minesweeper game.
Here are a few ideas what to implement:
- The "make move" controller action needs to be implemented.
- If clicked on a mine, it should explode.
- If clicked on an empty cell, reveal it either as empty or as a number.
- The mines are currently shown, hide them.
- We need numbers to describe the number of mines around certain cells.
- Controllable mine density (currently it's 50% mines).
- Clicking on an empty cell should reveal neighbor empty cells (expanding reveal).
Note: Whenever you want to run a command, either use
sf (Windows) or
./sf.sh (Unix) depending on your operating system.
- Install Git version control.
- Fork this repository using the Fork-button on the top of the page.
- Clone (
email@example.com:YOUR_ACCOUNT/Minesweeper.git) your own fork to your local computer.
- Install/setup Composer package management (i.e. download the Composer.phar file to the project root folder).
php composer.phar installto install dependencies.
sf assets:install --symlink web.
- Lastly, run
That's it, try to access the game at
app.php for production mode).
Refer to the Symfony 2 official homepage for great documentation.
If you make changes to asset files (.css, .js), make sure to run
sf assetic:dump. Alternatively, you can keep a watcher running with
sf assetic:dump --watch.
Clearing the cache
To clear the cache (sometimes needed depending on the situation), run
sf cache:clear --no-warmup. Usually you don't want to warm up the cache.