Pretty Good Base Theme Orchard Theme Readme
PGBT is an Orchard theme that aims to provide a set of common markup and styling so other themes can easily inherit from it.
Almost everything is taken from the core and The Theme Machine shape templates and stylesheets (credit goes to the Orchard Team!), refactored, reorganized and enhanced.
What's the Great Purpose?
This theme wants to help theme developers by giving them a set of cleanly structured, easily reusable and extensible set of templates and stylesheets. You shouldn't use this theme on its own (although since it contains the styling and markup of TheThemeMachine, it gives a solid basic style), but inherit from it when you write your own theme (mark it as BaseTheme in the Theme.txt). In addition to this PGBT does the following:
- Correctly sets the site's language in the html tag's lang attribute (see the related issue)
- Adds a "hidden-text" class (what could this be? :-))
- Enhances form styling: better usability by outlining the focused input element, default border styles and inputs inherit font properties
- Makes adding a favicon extremely easy (just drop it in)
- Added some CSS formatting
- Reverses the order of title parts (provides
<site name>instead of the native version where site name is always at the beginning)
Installation and upgrade notes
Notes on installation if Orchard is built from the source
If you want, you can include PGBT in the solution of your Orchard source. Since PGBT is a project itself, do this by adding it as an existing project to the Themes folder, but do not add it to the existing Themes project!
Notes on upgrading from 1.1.x
Since PGBT became a C# project from a simple theme folder, if you added it to the Themes project as a folder before, you should exclude it after upgrading and add it as described above.
Notes on performance
See the How to...
See the Version history
See Pretty Good Bootstrap Base Theme for a Twitter Bootstrap-based theme serving similarly as a base theme.
You can install the theme from the Orchard Gallery.
The module's source is available in two public source repositories, automatically mirrored in both directions with Git-hg Mirror:
- https://bitbucket.org/Lombiq/pretty-good-base-theme (Mercurial repository)
- https://github.com/Lombiq/Pretty-Good-Base-Theme (Git repository)
Bug reports, feature requests and comments are warmly welcome, please do so via GitHub. Feel free to send pull requests too, no matter which source repository you choose for this purpose.
This project is developed by Lombiq Technologies Ltd. Commercial-grade support is available through Lombiq.