company-mode ESS completion backend
This a tentative support for ESS completion for company-mode, based on the same code used in
ess-r-d.el for auto-complete.
Recent version of ess (i.e. > 15.03) has built-in company-mode support. I have switched to use its backend instead. I also removed this package from melpa to avoid confusion.
- Complete R objects/args based on
.ess_get_completionsfunctions defined by ESS
- Support for company-mode powered documentation using the
- [Disabled] Support for object annotations using R’s
typeoffunction. (truncated to 3 first character). Moving between candidates using
M-pis very slow as
company-modecalls the annotation function each movement.
- objects that contains spaces will show annotation as
nil. The completion engine return the list of completion without =”=.
- Documentation buffer comes ESS .. with a list of shortcuts
- Currently in the process of creating a MELPA package
(require 'company-ess) ; Enabling the backend : ; Globally - company ess-backend checks ess mode (add-to-list 'company-backends 'company-ess-backend) ; OR locally to ess mode ;(add-hook 'ess-mode-hook (lambda () ; (set (make-local-variable 'company-backends) '(company-ess)) ; (company-mode)))
- <2014-09-17 Wed 21:43> 0.0.1 - Initial release
- <2014-09-18 Thu 23:38> 0.0.2 - Fixes speed issue