The fmp is a simpler 3D-printable capsule for the seidenstrasse pneumatic tube system.
How to build it
- Go to a hardware store of choice
- Try to get some 2 component epoxy and nuts and some plastic tubing with an inner diameter of 70mm (DN75 HT-Rohr works fine).
- Fire up your 3D-Printer and print the lid, top and bottom segment of the capsule. 20-25% Infill works fine and provides enough stability. Also you should be able to print them without support material. The models already contain all necessary support structures.
- Remove the support structure (marked red) from lid and top.
- Clean up the latches on the lid and the channels on the top part. Make sure the lid fits well (the latches may need to be filed down).
- Cut about 150mm long piece of tube.
- Glue top end bottom to the tube piece using 2 component epoxy.
- Go get some Mate or something, while the epoxy sets...
Try @l_h_hacker on twitter or #seidenstrasse on irc.hackint.org