Processing.py Eclipse Launcher Plug-in
processing.py installation in your machine.Please note that this plug-in requires a working
First -- Go get processing.py and set it up. Remember where it is installed, specifically making sure the folder contains processing-py.jar
- Inside Eclipse go to Help -> Install New Software...
- Add a new update site (Add... on the upper right)
- Use the name - Processing.py Launcher Update Site
- Use the location - http://github.com/Lonnen/Processing.py-Eclipse-Launcher/raw/master/processing.py.plugin.updateSite/site.xml
- Select the Processing.Py_Launcher plug-in and choose Next to continue.
- You will be prompted to review and accept the Eclipse Public License v 1.0. Proceed if you accept the terms.
- The software contains unsigned content. Select ok if you trust the source (the update site from my github master is probably trustworthy).
- Restart Eclipse if prompted.
- Under File -> Preferences find Processing.py and indicate the folder where Processing.py is installed.
- Add any additional command line arguments you desire ( --present for full screen. It should accept anything Processing does).
- Save the preferences.
- Right click on a *.py sketch in your workspace and select Run as... -> Processing.py Sketch
- Alternatively you can also right click on an editor with an open *.py file and select Run as... -> Processing.py Sketch
- Error messages and standard out should be written to your Eclipse console.
Please play with this and report bugs. I will try to patch these in a timely fashion. I also accept feature requests, but know that those may linger for a long time without being acted on.
In the future, Help -> Check for Updates will pull down the latest version of the plug-in.