This is the repo that contains the source files for the Loop Docs site.
To suggest changes, fork this repository, edit the files, and submit your changes as a pull request.
To preview your work as you edit you must set up two python packages that are used to create this site using MkDocs. They are
Review Properly Installing Python for help getting Python installed. MkDocs works with Python 2.7, 3.3+, and pypy.
- Install python modules
$ cd <loopdocs project location> $ pip install -r requirements.txt
mkdocs Version Warning: Use the latest
0.16.x patch version of
mkdocs, but don't upgrade
mkdocs to version
0.17.x. It is NOT compatible with the theme being used. Same for updated versions of
mkdocs-bootswatch, do not use the latest version.
- Or, install modules individually
$ pip install mkdocs<0.17 $ pip install mkdocs-bootswatch==0.4.0
- Run mkdocs server locally
$ cd <loopdocs project location> $ mkdocs serve
- Preview docs in browser. Most changes will update automatically as you edit. Configuration and navigation changes will require restarting the mkdocs server.
- Optionally, you can share the preview with others by uploading them to your repository's
$ mkdocs gh-deploy
- Use images for clarity whenever appropriate
Admonitions are a markdown extension that enable formatted blocks for visually calling out information. The types are: note, info, warning, and danger. Here are some examples of how to write the markdown:
!!! note This admonition uses the default title: 'Note'. !!! info "My Custom Title" This admonition is blue and has a custom title. !!! warning "" This admonition is yellow and has no title.