Himawari Downloader is a Java based application that let's you download sattelite images from the japanese Himawari sattelite. The imagery is available on this site https://himawari8.nict.go.jp/. However this site has the drawback that you can't simply save the image because it is split into multiple pieces. The program I wrote loops through and downloads all required images depending on the resolution. They are then stitched together and can be saved to disk.
Attention! 11000px option produces 150+MB images!
- Preview images before downloading 150MB of images
- Download images in 6 different resolutions
- Save images to disk
- 50+Mbit/s download speed in multithreaded mode (my internet isn't any faster)
- Download an interval of pictures
- Custom save location and file names
- Zoomable preview window
- Update progress bar corresponding to status
- Make saving a new thread so the UI doesn't become unresponsive
Get the latest version from the releases page: https://github.com/LsHallo/HimawariDownloader/releases