- lua-discount-22.214.171.124 (2008-09-22)
- Windows is now a supported platform (thanks to contributions from Tim Channon)
- lua-discount-1.2.10 (2008-09-03)
- update to upstream Discount 1.2.10
- support the
"nohtml"option, to disable embedded html.
- compile to use relaxed emphasis, meaning underscores don't count when they're in the middle of a word.
- add some tests
- include results of a simple benchmark in the readme
- lua-discount-1.2.7 (2008-08-03)
- first public release
Thanks to the underlying Discount implementation, lua-discount is incredibly fast. Benchmarking markdown.lua 0.32 against lua-discount 1.2.10 by parsing the Markdown syntax document 100 times gives the following result (all figures are in seconds):
user system total real lua-discount 0.170000 0.000000 0.170000 0.177374 markdown.lua 48.530000 0.000000 48.530000 48.524910
require("discount") returns a single function, which you are
responsible for giving a suitable name. Example:
discount = require("discount") local markdown_string = [[ # Demonstration This is a demonstration of lua-discount. Passing the options `"nolinks"` disables links such as [this](http://example.com). ]] local html_string = discount(markdown_string, "nolinks")
discount function takes as its first argument the Markdown string to
convert, and for its subsequent arguments takes any combination of the
following strings as options:
do not allow
<a or expand Markdown links.
do not allow
<img or expand Markdown images.
disallow embedded html by replacing all
_ when used for emphasis.
do not process
generate output suitable for use as data in an XML document.
equivalent to specifying
lua-discount is distributed under a BSD-style license.
Thanks to Tim Channon for Windows support.
This product includes software developed by David Loren Parsons.