Vhost2s3 tool for automatic backup
- author: Luca Sculco, email@example.com
What is Vhost2s3
vhost2s3) is a free bash script that secures your vhosts data.
It puts all content of your vhosts directories to your Amazon S3 bucket with automatic backups.
If you own a shared server you have to backup all your customers data automatically and chronically.
Vhost2s3 make it simple with just few settings in
Added the possibility to choice the backup mode between:
- vhost mode: to backup a group of directories inside your
- single mode: to backup your
- Amazon S3 bucket
- Vhost2s3 interacts with Amazon S3 thanks the useful S3cmd tool, so before to start to use Vhost2s3 you have to install S3cmd and verify that it works properly
How to use
vhost2s3dir into your home directory
- Clone the repo into
- Customize required settings in
- Backup your vhosts
- for manual backup go into
vhost2s3folder and run
- for automatic backup set an entry in crontab, i.e.
0 4 * * * bash ~/vhost2s3/backup.sh > /dev/null 2>&1to run Vhost2s3 every day at 4am