Welcome to my GitHub home. I'm Dan Sloan, a consulting software developer.
🔭 I’m currently working on ...
- Strawberry - using this for several projects, and hopefully providing some contributions to the cool new kid on the block of GraphQL and Python
I'm rebuilding my presence online after a bit of a mental health hiatus. I'm trying to do this while keeping social media to a minimum.
- NextJS and GraphCMS are probably going to feature heavily on the blogging side, with hosting on Cloudflare Pages
Most of my client work is confidential, but one of my favourites is WiFi Tribe, a company helping professionals that want to travel and work remotely in a community of like-minded people.
🌱 I’m currently learning ...
- React Location - it's still in development, but I've been trying it out and enjoying the experience so far.
- Channels - I love Django, but I really wanted to start looking at more modern approaches like FastAPI. Channels is proving to be a great intermediary, providing much of the advantages of async without losing the benefits of a mature framework like Django.
- FastAPI - huge fan of FastAPI's approach, especially Dependency Injection. I've been a bit disappointed in most of the ORM options so far...but...
- Tortoise ORM - I've had a number of recommendations from people I trust, so I'm starting to learn and play with Tortoise. Django's ORM is still my goto, but Tortoise seems really interesting!
📫 How to reach me: ...
- For commercial tings, contact the business at Lucid Horizons
- For personal tings, Twitter is best! @Lucid_Dan; DMs remain open (so far)
- I'm largely uncontactable in any other private way, unless you already know me.