Note that this is an unfinished project, which I (Lukas Hermanns) worked on from 2014 to 2015. Feel free to use it for 3D demos or prototyping, but I highly recommend you to not use it for actual game projects.
Contrariwise to the name "ForkENGINE", this project is not a fork ;-)
At least VisualC++ 2012 is required on Windows 7 or later.
Required third party libraries are:
- Newton Dynamics 3.11 (Collision Detection/ Physics Simulation)
- wxWidgets 3.1.0 (GUI for Editor)
- Ogg/Vorbis (Audio Streaming)
Optional third party libraries are:
- Python 3.2 (Scripting)
The pre-build binaries require the VisualC++ 2015 redistributables to be installed.
Set the working directory of the editor ("ForkEd" project) to "editor/", or copy this folder to another location on your system. Press F3 in the editor to show/hide the console.
For all the tests, the working directory is the respective folder of the test, e.g. for the RayTracing test it's "tests/RayTracing/".
Most textures and models are not included in this repository, so you might add your own textures.
Version 0.1 Alpha
- High-Level Editor named "ForkEd"
- Component System
- Modular Loading of Sub Systems
- Supported Renderers: OpenGL 4, Direct3D 11
- Supported Physics Engine: Newton Game Dynamics