The Privacy Extension For WhatsApp™ Web hides your messages from unwanted glimpses until you hover over them. In the search bar, you can disable the blur effect on all messages manually and specify what elements to blur.
- All messages in chat: Blurs all messages in the current chat.
- Last messages preview: Blurs all message previews on the left.
- Media preview: Blurs all images, videos, ... in separation from the text.
- Media gallery: Blurs all small icons of images, videos, ... while viewing an image, video, ...
- Text input: Makes the color in your input field lighter to make it hard to read.
- Profile pictures: Blurs all profile pictures.
- Group/Users names: Blurs all group and usernames.
- No transition delay: Allows you to turn off the delay before revealing an item on hover.
- Unblur all on app hover: Unblurs all elements when you hover over the WhatsApp Web app.
Quick Toggle: You can quickly toggle the blur in the settings or with a keyboard shortcut (Alt+X).
Available for both Chrome and Firefox.
- Install if from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/privacy-extension-for-wha/jbojhlhhggfmmkpefknmbdhlaghehini
For development purposes on Chrome
- Download the newest release here and unzip it
- Navigate to chrome://extensions/
- Activate the developer mode (on the top right)
- Click on "Load Unpacked"
- Select the "/chrome" folder from your unzipped download (this folder has to be persistent so you might want to keep it somewhere where you won't delete it)
- Check back here for new releases
Issues and feature requests
If you have a feature request or if you have encountered a problem, please create a new issue under this link: https://github.com/LukasLen/Privacy-Extension-For-WhatsApp-Web/issues
Alternatively you can get help at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE file for details
Disclaimer: WhatsApp is a trademark of WhatsApp Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. This extension is an independent project developed by Lukas Lenhardt and has no relationship to WhatsApp or WhatsApp Inc.