- This repository is a collection of Vulkan C++ sample applications.
- Run the following script to obtain a short description of all or a
- Run the following script to obtain a more detailed description of all
samples with a long description set:
CI Build Status
- The Vulkan Samples repo is a set of source and data files in a specific
- API-Samples - Samples that demonstrate the use of various aspects of the Vulkan API
- Vulkan Tutorial - Steps you through the process of creating a simple Vulkan application, learning the basics along the way. This Vulkan Tutorial link allows you to view the Vulkan Tutorial on LunarXchange as well.
- Sample-Programs - Samples that are more functional and go deeper than simple API use.
- Layer-Samples - Samples that are implemented as layers. The Overlay layer sample is deprecated and does not build.
- In general, the samples are not interrelated, but there is a progression among some of the samples that lead to drawing a cube. Start with the instance sample, then enumerate-adv, device, initcommandbuffer, initswapchain, initdepthbuffer, inituniformbuffer, descriptor_pipeline_layouts, initrenderpass, initshaders, initframebuffers, vertexbuffer, allocdescriptorsets, initpipeline, and they culminate in the drawcube sample. Each sample uses utility routines from the code from previous samples to get to the point to show something new. The drawtexturedcube sample takes all of the drawcube code and adds texturing.
## Contributing Refer to the README.contrib file for specific info regarding contributing to the Vulkan samples creation effort. ## Contact Information * [Tony Barbour](mailto:email@example.com) * [Mark Lobodzinski](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) ## Information for Developing or Contributing: Please see the [CONTRIBUTING.md](CONTRIBUTING.md) file in this repository for more details. ## How to Build and Run [BUILD.md](BUILD.md) Includes directions for building all components as well as running validation tests and demo applications. ## License This work is released as open source under a Apache-style license. See LICENSE.txt for full license. See COPYRIGHT.txt for a full list of licenses used in this repository. ## Acknowledgements While this project has been developed primarily by LunarG, Inc., there are many other companies and individuals making this possible: Valve Corporation, funding project development; Google providing significant contributions to the samples.