Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Frequently Asked Questions
You have downloaded the wrong file. You have to download the file that has
-server in the filename.
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method ... from class ...
There are a few options.
- [1.7.10] You might be using an outdated Forge version. Update to at least 1185 (preferably recommended/latest).
- Your mod file has the wrong file extension. Sometimes some browsers download mods files and randomly append
.zipto the original filename, resulting in a
.jar.zipextension. The filename must end in
Note: you can use this mod to automatically fix the files.
- Magic Launcher. FML only reads the FMLAT attribute from files inside the
modsfolder or mods passed in through the
--modsargument. Either move the mod into the
modsfolder or switch to a different launcher.
- You extracted the jar file. Re-download the mod and drop it into the mods folder without extracting it.
java.lang.ClassCastException: net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagString cannot be cast to net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagShort
The schematic you're trying to use has been saved in Minecraft 1.7+ and can't be loaded in Minecraft 1.6.4 or earlier.
[1.8+] My loaded schematic doesn't display blocks!
Try removing render related mods (Optifine, shaders etc) and/or try turning VBOs on or off.
[1.8+] My loaded schematic looks weird!
Happens on AMD/ATI graphics cards due to a bug in the drivers. Updating your drivers might fix the issue, otherwise try the following solutions:
- Reduce the schematic render distance in the Schematica config.
- Reduce the global render distance in the options.
- Turn on VBOs in the options.
[1.8+] The printer keep misplacing blocks!
This happens because you have turned off the "Place Adjacent Only" option. Forge fixed a vanilla bug, causing inconsistencies between Forge and vanilla, which is why this will work on vanilla servers, but not on Forge servers and SP. The only fix is to enable "Place Adjacent Only".
Where can I find/share schematics?
When will you update for X.Y.Z?
- When MinecraftForge for X.Y.Z is out.
- When I'll have enough time to finish the update in a decent time frame.
Just be patient and wait. Some updates are easy, some are hard. The time required to update greatly depends on that. Just remember: each minute I have to spend reading "when will you update for X.Y.Z" is possibly a wasted minute that could be spent on the update itself.