Changes since last release (on the 2.80 port, not including 2.79 maintenance): blendluxcore_v2.2beta2...blendluxcore_v2.2beta3
On Windows, you have to install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017.
Blender 2.80 Testrelease
This release includes a testbuild of the 2.80 port of our addon:
Do not use in production! If you open any of your scenes with it, save it as a copy!
Known issues that will be fixed in the future:
- Pointiness doesn't work
- Motion blur doesn't work
- When using Cycles nodes, nested node groups are not supported
- Cycles light settings are not being used
- When using LuxCore nodes, some property edits do not trigger a viewport render update (see https://developer.blender.org/T66521)
- Unit scale is currently handled like in Cycles (i.e. ignored)
The UI is not final, there will be some rearrangement and fixes (e.g. the DLSC settings will move into the new "Caches" panel).
If you find any bugs, problems, weird UI arrangements, missing tooltips etc. that are not on the list above, please open an issue in our bugtracker: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendLuxCore/issues/new
Note that I am on vacation from 08.08.19 to 24.08.19. I will work on your reports when I get back.
- Here's a video showing how to render a Cycles scene with LuxCore: https://youtu.be/kglbpZl6Sck
- General info about the 2.80 port: #166
- Info about the state of the Cycles scene reader: #272
(Not strictly part of the 2.80 port, but started in the course of it)
Unfortunately, due to the complicated setup required to create a 2.80 build of our addon, we only offer a build for 64bit Windows with OpenCL. The future final release of the 2.80 port will of course be built for Windows and Linux again (and maybe macOS).
Also, pyluxcoretools is not included, so network render does not work with this testbuild.