PythianRealms is a singleplayer construction game, with an inbuilt chat system and map-sharing features. This git contains the source code for PythianRealms, so that people can develop modifications and variants of PythianRealms.
PythianRealms encourages modifications ("mods"). Mods provide a way for other people to think of ideas, implement them theirselves, and distribute it. As a result, the entire source code for PythianRealms is available here, complete with compiler. To make a mod, simply fork this, make your modifications, compile, and distribute! Plus, when you've finished your mod, you can send a merge request and possibly get it put in the official release (including credits, of course). However, there are some legal requirements:
- You must credit me as "Scratso" when distributing your mod.
PythianRealms, as of Alpha.95, has texture pack support! Here's how to make one:
- Either fork or download the zip file of the PythianRealms-Textures Graphics Repo.
- Modify the files to suit your needs. Ensure to keep file extensions (.png, .jpg, etc) the same. All .png files will have transparency, so ensure to keep that transparency.
- Zip up the files. If you forked the repo, you could instead just download the repo's zip. (additional files in texture packs are okay, but missing ones cause errors)
- Distribute! Please note that whenever graphics are added, you will have to add those graphics files (preferably redesigned) to your texture pack to prevent errors. be sure to alert your users of updates!
To install a texture pack:
- Download the zip file provided by the creator.
- Locate %APPDATA%/PythianRealms/Game/graphics (or wherever the launcher happened to install PythianRealms).
- Place the zip file in there.
PythianRealms is distributed under the GNU General Public License v3.