M Prime One
M Prime One is a free 3D printer intended to be simple, low-cost and easy to build and operate.
With the M Prime One, we have designed a 3D printer focusing on three main points:
- Free design. The printer have been designed from scratch in a free 3D software: FreeCAD. All the files have been published under the less restrictive license we have found (CC BY 4.0). This way anybody can download the files, modify them and use them for their own purposes.
- Simplicity. The design has few different parts (for example, cold bed, 4 motors, just two types of screws and one type of radial bearings) in an effort to reduce building complexity, cost and maintenance.
- Documentation. Apart from the files, you can find the printer firmware, list of materials, slicing profiles... in this repository, receive support in our Q&A site and soon read the complete assembly manual in the manuals repository.
The features of the M Prime One are:
- Printing surface: 200x150x150mm.
- 1.75mm bowden extruder.
- Compatible with any hotend with 12mm diameter mount.
- Magnetic bed, easy to place and remove.
- Auto-level system with inductive/capacitive sensor.
- Cable management integrated in the design
- Integrated electronics holder (compatible with RAMPS, can be adapted to any other board)
- Optional LCD holder (compatible with Smart Controller)
How to start building your M Prime One
- Download all the fabrication files (
.stlfor 3D printing and
.dxffor laser/CNC cut) following our fabrication file guide.
- Check the complete part list is the Bill Of Materials, or BOM.
- You can use the assembled FreeCAD model to help you build the machine or if you are comfortable installing modules in FreeCAD see the animated assembly files in our manuals repository (soon we will provide assembly videos).
And you can take a look at our How to build an M Prime One guide, source some of the parts from our store and help the project =)
The files of this 3D printer project have been released under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. This license lets you modify and share the sources for any purpose, even commercial, with the only requeriment of giving credit to the author.
Feel free to take a look at the files, modify them for your own uses, create new parts, etc. If you do so, I would be very happy if you let me know of your projects. Also, if possible, share them with the community with this or other free license.