- Fast and reliable
- Read .mp3, .m4a (MP4), .flac, .ogg, .oga (OGG Vorbis), .asf, .ape (Monkey Audio), .opus and more!
- Customize everything: User Interface, Covers, Shortcuts, Buttons, Themes
- Read and edit metadata using Taglib
- A mini-mode which is a tribute to the good ol' Winamp shade mode:
- Add MPRIS implementation for Linux (Media Player Remote Interfacing Specification) to be able to control the player
- 10-band equalizer
- Add projectM support for amazing visualizations
- A spotify / jamendo plugin to stream music
- High DPI support (for OSX first)
A plugin system has been introduced to extend possibilites of the player. Five official plugins come with the installer for Windows:
- Support thumbnails buttons to control the player, green progress bar when playing, overlay icon
- Get missing covers by looking at MusicBrainz' repository
- Shell explorer extension (up to 4 actions, like 'Send to current playlist')
- Deezer plugin (technology preview): merge local and remote Artists / Albums:
Binaries and source code
You can download Miam-Player binaries from the official website
Latest source is also available via Git:
git clone git://github.com/MBach/Miam-Player.git
Master branch is not always stable but should work on all supported platforms. You can find specific working releases by browsing tags.
qmake make make install
Miam-Player can be built with any common compiler (g++, clang, MSVC, MinGW). Build files are generated using QMake.
If you feel brave to write a CMake configuration, please contribute!
You need to build dependencies first: QtAV and TagLib. Pre-built libraries are provided for Windows and OSX in this repository.
See the wiki for more details.
Copyright (C) 2012-2017 Matthieu Bachelier
Miam-Player is free (libre) software. This means the complete player source code is available to public, anyone is welcome to research how the application works, participate in its development, freely distribute the application and spread the word!
This project may be used under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 3.0 as published by the Free Software Foundation and appearing in the file LICENSE