Great Reading Adventure v2.2.1
Release Notes: 2.2.1
The Great Reading Adventure is a robust, open source software designed to manage library reading programs. The GRA is free to use, modify, and share. Check out www.greatreadingadventure.com for an overview of its functionality and capabilities.
These release notes accompany The Great Reading Adventure version 2.2.1. A pre-built package is available from GitHub.
Highlights of this release
- This is a full release of the software not requiring any upgrades to get to the latest version
- If there are no tenants (only the master tenant) then patrons are taken directly to the master tenant's reading program eliminating an empty tenant selection drop-down.
- Removal of unused files throughout the project
- Dependencies updated to the latest versions
- Add the ability to work against LocalDB (if it's installed) for testing or development
- Add logging capabilities
These are some of the more important issues which have already been reported. Please add comments to the existing GitHub issues if you have more details to provide.
- After installing, each program must have the top section of the Activity Point Conversions & Literacy Testing populated (i.e. "x minutes EQUALS y POINTS") or patrons will not be able to log minutes (GitHub issue #13)
- Customer passwords are stored in cleartext (GitHub issue #7)
- If a user experiences a session timeout, further browser action defaults them to the master tenant (GitHub issue #8)
- Administrative logins can experience "session hopping" (GitHub issue #9)
- ControlRoom tenant selection can be affected by public program selection (GitHub issue #10)