Release Notes: 4.4.1
The Great Reading Adventure is a robust, open source software designed to manage library reading programs. The GRA is free to use, modify, and share. Check out www.greatreadingadventure.com for an overview of its functionality and capabilities.
If you wish to upgrade from a previous release of version 4 see the upgrading section of the manual. There is no upgrade path from versions 2 or 3 to this release due to significant architectural changes.
For information on what is required to run the Great Reading Adventure, please refer to the online manual. The software requires a hosting environment including Microsoft .NET 7.0 and Microsoft SQL Server. If you don’t have such an environment, there are plenty of Web hosting services you can use.
Changes in this release
Here are some notable changes:
- Configurable side-wide point goal displayed on dashboard to participants
- Better supports for Google Analytics 4 and events
- Decouple vendor codes from participants; allow a participant to be reassigned a code if needed
- Handle participant reassignment if their branch is deleted
- Packing slip improvements in display and ability to print hold slips
- View user change history from Mission Control
- Prize view for participants
- Allow assocation of a certificate (PDF file) to a trigger
- Mission Control news posts can now be updated and jumped back to the top of the display queue
- Allow vendor code list upload to invalidate and assign new codes to customers
- Return proper HTTP codes on page errors
For more detailed information about changes in this release please review the change log.