All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
0.25.1 - 2019-02-08
- Add CLI
/api/v2/wallet/seed/verifyto verify if seed is a valid bip39 mnemonic seed
- Filter transactions in the History view in the UI
/api/v1/healthwill return correct build info when running Docker containers based on
- #2083, Windows desktop wallet sometimes shows "Error#1" on start
- Extend URI specification to allow plain addresses (i.e. without a
spf13/cobra. Now all options of a cli command must only use
--prefix instead of a mix of
-prefix is only allowed when using shorthand notation.
- Use an optimized
base58library for faster address decoding and encoding.
- Remove libmdl source code. Migrated to https://github.com/mdl/libmdl
0.25.0 - 2018-12-19
Upcoming deprecated method removal notice
In the v0.26.0 these features and functions will be removed. If you have a need for any of these features, let us know.
- JSON-RPC 2.0 interface (this is no longer used by the CLI tool, and the REST API supports everything the JSON-RPC 2.0 API does). See https://github.com/MDLlife/MDL/blob/develop/src/api/README.md#migrating-from-the-jsonrpc-api
POST /api/v1/wallet/transactionfollowed by
POST /api/v1/injectTransactioninstead). See https://github.com/MDLlife/MDL/blob/develop/src/api/README.md#migrating-from--api-v1-spend
- The unversioned REST API (the
-enable-unversioned-apioption will be removed, prefix your API requests with
/api/v1). See https://github.com/MDLlife/MDL/blob/develop/src/api/README.md#migrating-from-the-unversioned-api
GET /api/v1/transactions?verbose=1instead). See https://github.com/MDLlife/MDL/blob/develop/src/api/README.md#migrating-from--api-v1-explorer-address
Nodes v0.23.0 and earlier will not be able to connect to v0.25.0 due to a change in the introduction packet message.
Nodes v0.24.1 and earlier will not be able to connect to v0.26.0 due to a similar change.
Make sure to upgrade to v0.25.0 so that your node will continue to connect once v0.26.0 is released.
cli createRawTransaction, which will send coins to multiple addresses defined in a csv file
-disable-default-peersoption to disable the default hardcoded peers and mark all cached peers as untrusted
-custom-peers-fileto load peers from disk. This peers file is a newline separate list of
coinhour_burn_factorconfiguration settings and
started_attimestamp to the
/api/v1/wallet/transactionsto return verbose block data, which includes the address, coins, hours and calculcated_hours of the block's transaction's inputs
/api/v1/transactionto return an encoded transaction
-http-prof-hostoption to choose the HTTP profiler's bind hostname (defaults to
-enable-all-api-setsoptions to choose which sets of API endpoints to enable. Options are
DEPRECATED_WALLET_SPEND. Multiple values must be comma separated.
/api/v1/wallet/spendis deprecated and requires
-enable-api-set=DEPRECATED_WALLET_SPENDto enable it. Use
-host-whitelistoption to specify alternate allowed hosts when communicating with the API bound to a localhost interface
- Add the head block header to the response of
"ux_hash"to block headers in API responses
- Database verification will only be performed once when upgrading to the next version. Verification will not be performed on subsequent upgrades unless necessary. To force verification, use
-verify-db=true. Note that it is unsafe to downgrade the mdl node without erasing the database first.
/api/v1/blocksto query multiple blocks by sequences
/api/v2/wallet/recoverto recover an encrypted wallet by providing the seed
- Add HTTP Basic Auth options
-web-interface-password. Auth is only available when using
-web-interface-plaintext-authis also used.
- Go application metrics exported at
PROMETHEUS) in Prometheus format
/api/v2/wallet/recoverto recover an encrypted wallet by providing the seed
fiberAddressGenCLI command to generate distribution addresses for fiber coins
- Coinhour burn factor when creating transactions can be configured at runtime with
- Max transaction size when creating transactions can be configured at runtime with
- Max decimals allowed when creating transactions can be configured at runtime with
- Daemon configured builds will be available on the releases page. The builds available for previous versions are configured for desktop client use.
mdl-clibuilds will be available on the releases page.
- A user agent string is sent in the wire protocol's introduction packet
-max-connectionsoption to control total max connections
/api/v1/network/disconnectto disconnect a peer
- Complete support for
util/feemethods as part of
- Add CLI
util/feeAPI's as part of
- Implement SWIG interfaces in order to generate client libraries for multiple programming languages
- Fix hanging process caused when the p2p listener port is already in use
- Fix exit status of CLI tool when wallet file cannot be loaded
/api/v2/transaction/verifyresponses for confirmed transactions
400on database errors
400for internal errors
- Fix unspent output hashes in the
POST /api/v1/wallet/spendwill correctly fail if the wallet is not encrypted but a password is provided
/api/v1/injectTransactionfor all message broadcast failures (note that it is still possible for broadcast to fail but no error to be returned, in certain conditions)
- Fixed autogenerated HTTPS certs. Certs are now self-signed ECDSA certs, valid for 10 years, valid for localhost and all public interfaces found on the machine. The default cert and key are renamed from cert.pem, key.pem to mdld.cert, mdld.key
503 Service Unavailableis no connections are available for broadcast
- #1979, Fix header check to allow
- Add blockchain pubkey in introduction message, it would close the connection if the pubkey is not matched, but would accept it if pubkey is not provided.
- CLI tool uses the REST API instead of the deprecated webrpc API to communicate with the node
cli statusreturn value is now the response from
GET /api/v1/health, which changes some fields
/api/v1/network/endpoints will return an empty array for array values instead of
/api/v1/blockswill return an empty array for
/api/v1/blockchain/progresswill return an empty array for
go run cmd/mdl/mdl.gowill have exit status 1 on failure and exit status 2 on panic
- The deprecated JSON 2.0 RPC interface is disabled by default for all run modes, since it is no longer needed for the CLI tool
"status"field in responses from
cli decodeRawTransactionoutput format changed, see the CLI README
/api/v1/wallet/spendis deprecated, disabled by default and requires
-enable-api-sets=DEPRECATED_WALLET_SPENDto enable it. Use
- Invalid password in
/api/v1/walletrequests now return
go run cmd/cli/cli.go addressGen
cli addressGenarguments have changed
cli generateWalletrenamed to
cli generateAddressesrenamed to
/api/v1/explorer/addressis deprecated in favor of
POSTmethod so that large request bodies can be sent to the server, which would not fit in a
- Send new
DISCdisconnect packet to peer before disconnecting
"open_connections"value now includes incoming connections. Added
"incoming_connections"fields to separate the two.
run-client.shand a new
run-daemon.shscript is added for running in server daemon mode
/api/v1/network/connection*connection object's field
"introduced"replaced with field
"state"which may have the values
"is_trusted_peer"added to connection object to indicate if the peer is in the hardcoded list of default peers
"unconfirmed_max_transaction_size"added to connection object
/api/v1/network/connectionsnow includes incoming connections. Filters are added to query connections by state and direction
/api/v1/resendUnconfirmedTxnsis now a
POSTmethod, previously was a
- Transactions that violation soft constraints will propagate through the network
- Node will send more peers before disconnecting due to a full peer list
- Refactor CSRF to use HMAC tokens.
- Add transaction verification parameters to the
USE_CSRFenvvar from the CLI tool. It uses the REST API client now, which will automatically detect CSRF as needed, so no additional configuration is necessary. Operators may still wish to disable CSRF on their remote node to reduce request overhead.
-enable-seed-apiin place of including
- Copies of the source code removed from release builds due to build artifact size
0.24.1 - 2018-07-30
- Add Content-Security-Policy header to http responses
- Fix portable browser version opening to blank page
- Increase visor db timeout to 5000
InitTransactionto accept parameters for distributing genesis coin to distribution wallets
0.24.0 - 2018-07-06
- Minimum go version is go1.10
- Add environment variable
USE_CSRFenvironment variable for CLI, if the remote node has CSRF enabled (CSRF is enabled by default, use
cli showConfigcommand to echo the cli's configuration back to the user
- Option to generate 12/24 word seed when creating new wallet
- libmdl 0.0.1 released with bindings for cipher/address, cipher/hash, cipher/crypto, cli/create_rawtx
-versionflag to show node version
- Add transaction verification step to "Send" page
- Add more details about transaction in transaction history
- Add advanced spend UI
- Add CLI
- Add CLI
- Add CLI
passwordargument to the CLI commands of
- Support for decoding map values in cipher binary encoder
- Expose known block height of peer in brand new
heightfield added in responses of
GET /api/v1/network/connectionsAPI endpoints
-verify-dboption (default true), will verify the database integrity during startup and exit if a problem is found
-reset-corrupt-dboption (default false) will verify the database integrity during startup and reset the db if a problem is found
GET /explorer/address: add
feeto transaction objects and
calculated_hoursto transaction inputs
- Test data generator and test suite for verification of alternative
/api/v2API endpoints. These endpoints are in beta and subject to change.
POST /api/v2/transaction/verifyAPI endpoint
POST /api/v2/address/verifyAPI endpoint
POST /api/v1/wallet/transactionto allow transactions to be created or spent even if there are unspent outputs in the unconfirmed pool.
POST /api/v1/wallet/transaction, to allow specific unspent outputs to be used in a transaction.
- Add Dockerfile in docker/images/dev-cli to build a docker image suitable for development.
- Coin creator tool,
cmd/newcoin, to quickly bootstrap a new fiber coin
- Add Dockerfile in
docker/images/dev-dindto build a docker in docker image based on mdldev-cli.
- Reduce connection disconnects, improves syncing
- Fix #1171, update CLI to support wallet encryption
bolt.Txcorrectly for read operations
- Docker images for
ar32v7architectures by using busybox as base in docker/images/mainnet/Dockerfile and docker/images/mainnet/hooks/
- JSON 2.0 RPC interface (used by the CLI tool) is now served on the same host interface as the REST API, port
6420. The additional listener has been removed.
RPC_ADDRenvironment variable must now start with a scheme e.g.
http://127.0.0.1:6420, previously it did not use a scheme.
- API response will be gzip compressed if client sends request with 'Accept-Encoding' contains 'gzip' in the header.
GET /api/v1/balancenow return an address balance list as well.
- API endpoints are prefixed with
/api/v1/. API endpoints without the
/api/v1/prefix are deprecated but can be enabled with
-enable-unversioned-api. Please migrate to use
/api/v1/prefix in URLs.
- Enable message protocol upgrade
change_addressis no longer required in
POST /api/v1/wallet/transaction. If not provided,
change_addresswill default to one of the addresses being spent from.
POST /api/v1/wallet/transaction, for
sharemode requests, if extra coinhours remain after applying the
share_factorbut change cannot be made due to insufficient coins, the
share_factorwill switch to
- Support automatic port allocation of the API interface by specifying port 0
- The web interface / API port is randomly allocated for the precompiled standalone client and electron client released on the website.
If you are using the CLI tool or another API client to communicate with the standalone client, use
-web-interface-port=6420to continue using port 6420. If the program is run from source (e.g.
make run) there is no change, the API will still be on port 6420.
- Change number of outgoing connections to 8 from 16
- Transaction history shows transactions between own addresses
- Client will only maintain one connection to the default hardcoded peers, instead of all of them
-rpc-interface-portoptions. The RPC interface is now on default port
6420with the REST API.
- Remove support for go1.9
0.23.0 - 2018-04-22
- Add wallet setup wizard
- Add wallet encryption, using chacha20+poly1305 for encryption and authentication and scrypt for key derivation. Encrypted data is stored in the wallet file in a
POST /wallet/transactionAPI endpoint, creates a transaction, allowing control of spending address and multiple destinations
POST /wallet/encryptAPI endpoint, encrypts wallet and returns encrypted wallet without sensitive data
POST /wallet/decryptAPI endpoint, decrypts wallet and returns decrypted wallet without sensitive data
POST /wallet/seedAPI endpoint, returns the seed of an encrypted wallet. Unencrypted wallets will not expose their seeds over the API. Requires
-enable-seed-apioption to enable
"size"to block API response data (affects
- Write specification for mdl URIs (based upon bip21)
- #1309, Float imprecision error in frontend malformed some spend amounts, preventing the spend
- Fix one aspect of sync stalling caused by a 5-second blocking channel write by switching it to a non-blocking write, decreasing timeouts and increasing buffer sizes
GET /walletAPI endpoint, remove sensitive data from the response, and fix the data format to be the same as
GET /walletsAPI endpoint, remove sensitive data from the response
POST /wallet/createAPI endpoint, add
POST /wallet/newAddressAPI endpoint, add
POST /wallet/spendAPI endpoint, add
-enable-wallet-api, and disable the wallet API by default
-launch-browseris set to false by default
- A default wallet will not be created on startup if there is no wallet. Instead, the wallet setup wizard will run
- Replace op/go-logging with logrus
- Disable JSON-RPC 2.0 interface when running the application with
- Whitespace will be trimmed from the seed string by the frontend client before creating or loading a wallet
- Notify the user when their wallets have unconfirmed transactions
- Return an error when providing a transaction that spends to the null address in
- Change accepted
- Default log level is
"secret_key"in address entries from wallet API responses. A wallet's seed can be accessed through
POST /wallet/seedonly if the wallet is encrypted and the node is run with
- Remove unused
0.22.0 - 2018-03-20
- go1.10 support
- Add Dockerfile
- Add libmdl C API wrapper
- New wallet UI
- Notify the user when a new version is available
- CLI and GUI integration tests against a stable and live blockchain
- #877, Add
- HTTP API client
/richlistAPI method, returns top n address balances
/addresscountAPI method, returns the number of addresses that have any amount of coins
/transactionsAPI method, returns transactions of addresses
/wallet/unloadAPI method, removes the wallet of given id from wallet services
- #1021, remove
SendOr500as they do not work properly due to typed nils
- Add Read, Write and Idle timeouts to the HTTP listener, preventing file descriptor leaks
- Support absolute and relative paths for
- Prevent creating transactions whose size exceeds the maximum block size
- Check addition and multiplication uint64 overflow
- Keep trusted peers in the peerlist permanently, even if they are unreachable
- #885, Add
Hostheader check to localhost HTTP interfaces to prevent DNS rebinding attacks
- #896, Add CSRF check to wallet API
- Fix base58 address parsing, which allowed leading invalid characters and treated unknown characters as a '1'
- Fix occasional error which causes blockchain progress not to be shown in front-end
/wallet/transactionsnow returns a proper json object with pending transactions under
- #951, cap cli createRawTransaction and send command coinhour distribution, coinhours are capped to a maximum of receiving coins for the address with a minimum of 1 coinhour
- Upgrade to Angular 5
- #800, Add entropy parameter to
/wallet/newSeedendpoint. Entropy can be 128 (default) or 256, corresponding to 12- and 24-word seeds respectively
- #866, Include coins and hours in
- Rename cached
/logsand log buffering due to possible crash
- Remove deprecated
0.21.1 - 2017-12-14
- Fix blank page issue in windows gui wallet, which was caused by misusing the flag of -download-peers-list in electron.
0.21.0 - 2017-12-10
- Require transactions to have an input with non-zero coinhours
-peerlist-urlCLI options, to get peers from a URL
- For electron clients, download a list of peers from https://downloads.mdl.net/blockchain/peers.txt by default
- Fix change hours calculation. Previous gave 1/8 to change and destination addresses; now gives 1/4 to each
- #653, the peerlist size was too small and could be easily filled up; default changed to 65535 from 1000
addressBalancecommands return aggregate balances for confirmed, spendable and expected balances. Coins are formatted as droplet strings. Hours added as strings.
- When splitting an odd number of hours in a spend, give the extra hour to the fee
- Improve UxOut spend selection. Previously, they were spent oldest first. Now they are spent to ensure a non-zero coinhour input and otherwise minimize coinhours.
create_rawtxwill try to minimize the number of UxOuts used to create a transaction.
/wallet/spendwill try to maximize the number of UxOuts used to create a transaction.
- Update the default peerlist size to 65535 from 1000
- When loading a wallet, 100 addresses will be scanned ahead to find one with a balance
0.20.4 - 2017-11-22
/logsapi to filter mdl logs, so that we can add a debug panel to the GUI wallet to show logs
0.20.3 - 2017-10-23
- Fix block sync stall (mostly affected Windows users, but any OS was potentially affected)
0.20.2 - 2017-10-12
- Fixed Linux .AppImage missing "Category" field
- Clean up electron build script, switch to yarn and remove gulp
0.20.1 - 2017-10-12
- Fixed app icon padding
0.20.0 - 2017-10-10
- New wallet frontend in angular4. This is a complete rewrite and fixes many of the old wallet issues.
- New wallet has preliminary support for OTC functionality
webrpc.Clientfor JSON-2.0 RPC calls.
- Add this CHANGELOG.md file.
- Add Installation.md file, with install instructions for go.
- Timelock distribution addresses. The first 25% of the distribution is spendable. After that 25% is spent, a timestamp will be added to the code to enable further distribution.
/coinSupplyendpoint. Correctly returns total, locked and unlocked coin amounts.
testutilpackage for common test setup methods.
/versionendpoint, which will return the current node version number and the HEAD commit id when build the node
-no-ping-logoption to disable ping/pong log output
- Check for invalid block signatures during startup and recreate the database if they are corrupted.
- Add methods for converting fixed-point decimal strings to droplets and vice versa.
- Flag peers as incoming or outgoing.
- Refactor to decouple
clipackage for use as a library.
- Set default wallet's label as "Your Wallet"
- Use BIP32 mnemomic seeds by default in
address_gen, to generate a random base64-encoded 128-bit seed instead of a BIP32 mnemomic seed.
address_gento print all address information (pubkey, seckey, address, seed) to stdout as JSON.
- All API and CLI methods with "coin"-related arguments must be a string and can use decimal notation to specify coin amounts.
walletHistorycommand prints amounts as fixed-point decimal strings. Previously, it printed amounts as integers representing whole mdl amounts, and did not support droplets / fractional mdls.
- A user is prevented from broadcasting a new transaction with unspent outputs that they have already sent as an unconfirmed transaction.
/api/getEffectiveOutputsis deprecated in favor of
- Old wallet
/api/create-addressendpoint (use the
- Wallet folder path loading.
- #371 Fix
/wallet/spend, will return only when pending transaction is confirmed.
- #443 Fix predicted balance in
- #444 Fix bug in
- Removed globals in
guipackage that caused race condition with wallet API calls.
- #494 Clean invalid unconfirmed transactions during startup.
- Various race conditions around the bolt.DB blockchain DB
0.19.1 - 2017-08-26
- #459 dist folder in repo out of date, wallet gui does not load
0.19.0 - 2017-07-11
- Add synchronize indicator when downloading blocks.
- #352 Store unspent pool in db for quick recovery when node restart
- Speed up the time the node start the browser
- Cache unspent pool in memory to speed up query action
- #411 Add button to hide seed
- #380 Move anything with heavy imports into util sub package
- #421 Sort wallet transaction history by time
- #398 Remove seeds from DOM
- #390 Make
go test ./src/...work
- #383 Error during installation from mdl source code
- #375 Node can't recovery from zero connections
- #376 Explorer api
/explorer/addressdoes not return spend transactions
- #373 Block publisher node will be closed if there're no transactions need to execute
- #360 Node will crash when do ctrl+c while downloading blocks
- #350 Wallet name always 'undefined' after loading wallet from seed