Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This release has a bunch of little changes to make SubServers better. This release is not network compatible with the previous release, so you will have to make sure all your SubServers apps get updated.
What's new in this version
/sub infoto make it more useful
- Proxies now have a bigger presence throughout SubServers when using 2 or more
- SubServers.Sync can now sync over commonly altered BungeeCord config values
- Stopping a server or kicking users server-side will now send them to the fallback server (unless they were actually on the fallback server) when
Auto-Restarthas been replaced with
Fixes in this version
- Add support for the new WaterfallConsole revision
- Fixed a syntax issue with
wgetin SubCreator (delete the Templates folder to get this fix)
- Look for the old Gson location when using older Bukkit/Spigot builds
- There is now a proper API for the client side apps (See SubAPI.class)
- SubServers.Host is now built on GalaxiEngine 3 (which means plugins now go through that)
- The SubServers dataset download packet has been separated by type
- Only send the reload packet when the API is ready to be called
- Packets now have better support for transferring raw binary data
- Packets are now converted MessagePack instead of JSON before they are sent
- Packet handles are now namespaced
- The Temporary flag has been replaced with a StopAction value
The final release of 2.13a has come. This release includes fixes related to changes in backend distribution and to the Templates folder.
Sponge template in this version will now build SpongeVanilla (Sponge without Forge). SpongeForge has moved to the
Forge template. To get this template, you can download it or backup and remove the templates folder for it to be regenerated.
This is the first tested version of SubServers 2 for BungeeCord/Spigot 1.13-pre7. It's hard to believe that it's been 7 months since I began making changes in preperation for this release, but here it is.
Changes in this version are slim since I already had most of the work done, but they include:
• VanillaCord Launcher: Future-proofing SubCreator's vanilla patch tool by continuing development myself.
• Removed exclusive 1.13 command validator code (Unfortunately, there is currently no API for server-side argument validation right now)
• Slight changes to the default templates' build scripts
• SubServers now prints all the necessary information for debugging when using
• Builds of frequently updated SubServers apps are now signed using a unique Snapshot ID (which is displayed on snapshot builds of SubServers)
This release fixes compatibility with newer builds of the Waterfall fork of BungeeCord and some other plugins.
Ways compatibility was improved:
• SubData no longer uses
org.json where other JSON libraries are provided
• SubCreator's Vanilla patch tool now works in Java 9 and 10
• SubAPI now has more ways of detecting compatible Minecraft versions
• SubServers now keeps BungeeCord's versioning info intact when patched with the latest patch tool
• SubServers now uses Waterfall's proprietary console handler when available (Unfortunately, this means that you will not be able to use
/sub sudo on newer builds of Waterfall. The last Waterfall version to support BungeeCord's standard console was Build 145 for 1.12)
SubCreator now caches versions of Spigot and Vanilla you have previously patched so that the next time you create that version it is done almost immediately.
For developers, the pre-releases are available through maven using the short version (for example:
Also, this pre-release contains fixes to the version library regarding parsing and comparing layered versions.
This release rolls up all the changes I've been making recently, along with partial support for features in future versions of minecraft. Starting with this update, SubServers will become more dependent on the minecraft version it determines it's running on. If you experience issues related to this, you can start SubServers addons and/or your servers with the argument:
-Dsubservers.minecraft.version=<version>. Additionally, this update will require you to update all of your SubServers add-ons because of the changes to SubData.
• Added partial and untested support for minecraft version 1.13 (making this a pre-release)
/sub reload can now perform a soft-reload (only stops the servers you changed and only if the change is considered major internally)
• SubServers.Bungee and SubServers.Sync are now officially compatible with RedisBungee
• SubServers.Bungee and SubServers.Host may now attempt to shutdown servers when they are unexpectedly closed (not guaranteed to work every time, but it's better than nothing)
• SubData packet handles are now case-insensitve
• SubData now encodes all data in Base64, not just encrypted data
• Packets can now be encrypted through custom ciphers via the new SubData Cipher API
• PacketIn can now accept multiple oncoming packet versions (just override .isCompatible() to check for them)
• You can now use the
% wildcard in the SubData Whitelist (usage examples:
• Packets are now queued until connection is authorized
• The Lang API has been rewritten for better use by other plugins
• Rewrote the internals of the Group system
• SubServers.Sync Proxies are now tied to a name for API access
• SubServers.Client instances can now be linked via SubData connection address and server port number
• The Server API no longer overrides BungeeCord's methods/fields for MOTD and Server Restriction
• Host & Server objects are now signed (prevents possible desyncs)
• SubServers no longer needs to overwrite modules.yml (SubServers command overrides can be turned off in the config)
• The version library now supports layered versions
• Updated Dependencies (JSON/SnakeYaml where provided)
• New download page and upper thread design (better explains SubServers and it's features)
• SubCreator now requests the proper version of Git Bash for your system in the default config (32 vs 64 bit)
• UI now hides some menus that would otherwise show empty lists (for example, hiding the
Group/Server section of the list command when no groups are available)
• SubServers further rewrites BungeeCord's signature when SubServers.Bungee.Patcher is detected
lang.yml has been updated with a new, but still familiar look
• Yaml files no longer get scrambled when SubServers saves to them
• Fixed bug where permission is denied on files opened by SubServers on Windows
This release fixes an important issue with SubCreator. If you created a server in 2.12.1e, change the
group value to an empty list (
This release lets you add servers to multiple groups by name. This is then used in the UI in multiple places. Additionally, the more hidden features of subservers have been made more visible in config.yml (such as display names, etc) For more information on how to update your config to use these values, click here.
This release makes additions to the API in preparation for the release of SubServers.Sync. It also wraps up any minor changes/fixes I've made.