Legendary Explorer is an upgraded and rebranded version of ME3Explorer - ME3Tweaks Fork, so we have kept the old versioning system. As such, this is the next major version of the toolset after ME3Explorer 5.1.
Legendary Explorer (LEX) supports both the Original Trilogy (OT) and the Legendary Edition (LE) version of the Mass Effect series of games. It is recommended that all mod developers move to Legendary Explorer, even if you are not planning on modding the LE, as all active development will be taking place on LEX.
- Support for Legendary Edition files has been added to all tools
- ME3Explorer has been renamed to Legendary Explorer (LEX for short), and ME3ExplorerCore has been renamed to Legendary Explorer Core (LEC for short)
- Both LEX and LEC have been upgraded to .NET 5, which means to use the applications you will require the .NET 5 Runtime
- Saving packages will initialize a busy pane while LE packages are being compressed as they can take several seconds to save
- CLI arguments have been updated, allowing for more file types to be associated in Windows Explorer. You can now double click on a .DLC or .CND file to open in the toolset! File association options can be found in the new Settings window, or under the Options menu in Package Editor
- Huge optimizations have been made to package saving and compression
- There are now different icons for different file types
- You can now port SeekFreeShaderCaches. You don't ever need to do this manually; if a material references an item in the shader cache, it will automatically port information over. This applies to both OT and LE.
Renamed, and Deprecated Tools
- PSA Viewer has been removed
- Plot Database has been removed (a new version is in the pipeline)
- Script Database has been removed
- ASI Manager has been removed. A new version based on M3's implementation will be ported in for a future update
- ME2/ME3 TLK Editor has been removed in favor of TLK Editor and TLK Manager
- AutoTOC has been moved to debug mode only
- SFAR Explorer has been moved to debug mode only
- Interpreter has been renamed to Properties
- Soundplorer has been renamed to Sound Explorer
- Meshplorer has been renamed to Mesh Explorer
- Coalesced Editor has been renamed to Coalesced Compiler
- The Main Window has been redesigned by Audemus as a fresh, modern UI
- All tool icons have been redesigned, with 16x16 versions added to use as toolbar icons
- A new settings window contains all settings from across the toolset in a central location.
- A new WIP "Help Center" window provides links to tutorials and other resources for new developers
- Information from the plot database about BioAutoConditionals functions will be shown in the TreeView when Show Metadata is enabled
- Force reload package now only works if you've enabled experiments
- Added support for most LE formats
- Interpreter tab was renamed to Properties tab
- Improved support for SFXTimeline properties
- More parsed struct values are displayed
- Plot bool, int, float, conditional, and transition information from the plot database will be displayed on appropriate properties
- Fix bug causing an entire application crash in rare instances
BIK Export Loader
- Legendary Explorer now ships a slimmed-back version of VLC for playing of Bink 1 videos
- Playback of Bink 2 videos is not currently supported
- Plot int, conditional, and transition information from the plot database will be displayed when an appropriate cell is selected
- Add support for BC7 textures
- Switch to the DirectXTex library for all BC texture encoding/decoding
- Texture rendering is GPU accelerated
- Asset Database has had performance improvements, however it will require a regeneration of the database
- Asset DB thread count has been capped to prevent excessive memory usage
- Conditionals Editor has been completely rewritten from WinForms to WPF
- Many options have been moved from the edit menu to a context menu
- Support for creating new .cnd files and adding new conditionals has been added
- More information about the conditional from the plot database will be shown in the listbox.
- Coalesced Compiler now integrates d00t's LECoal tool, and can convert both ME3/LE3 and LE1/LE2 coalesced formats.
- You can now drag and drop a .bin, .extractedbin, or .xml file onto Coalesced Compiler to select as a file source
- Improved UI, and filetype detection
- "Male" and "Female" audio tabs have been combined into a single tab utilizing the new Soundpanel Miniplayer
- Plot bool, conditional, and transition information from the plot database will be displayed in the right side panel
- Support for editing lines embedded in FaceFXAssets has been added
Live Level Editor
- The bundled ASIs for LLE have been removed from the toolset, because they began to get antivirus detections for some reason. You'll have to manually download these now so we can keep shipping builds. Nothing in these ASI files had changed so we don't know why it's now triggering.
- Plot bool, int, float, and transition information from the plot database will be displayed in some situations. Plot Editor is due for a re-write, so this feature is not fully implemented.
- Support for reading sequence object positioning in LE files has been added
- Right click 'skip sequence element' has been added, and can be used to skip a sequence element to a specific output
- Support for replacing audio in LE2 and LE3 has been added
- WwiseCLI.exe paths now need to be specified by the user to enable usage of multiple Wwise versions. A new dialog has been added to achieve this.
- TFC Compacter no longer uses MEM behind the scenes and no longer regenerates mips, so you shouldn't lose any quality on recompaction. It now has checks for CRC mismatches which will be viewable in the soon-to-be-released Texture Studio tool.
- Edit panel can no longer take up the entire window, thanks to Herobrine24 for the bug report
Core Library Updates
- The TOC file implementation has been updated to be more in line with vanilla TOC files, with support added for LE and new unit tests.
- Texture handling is now part of the Core library.
- The BioWare plot databases have been integrated into the Core library, and can be loaded and accessed through the PlotDatabases class.
The final major release of ME3Explorer, with huge improvements to Script Editor, FaceFX Editor, Package Editor, and more.
This is NOT Legendary Explorer and does not support the LE versions of the game. Beta versions of Legendary Explorer are available through the tools menu in ME3Tweaks Mod Manager.
Changelog at #251
This is a preview release of the upcoming version of ME3Explorer. This version is not yet fully stable and is here only for testing for interop with other tools that fetch releases from this github repository.