Metagenomic Analysis using Phylogeny-Aware Profiles
Learn how to analyze metagenomic datasets with the SEPP (SATe-Enabled Phylogenetic Placement) and TIPP (Taxonomic Identification and Phylogenetic Profiling) software programs!
This tutorial includes
- Lecture slides
- Hands-on worksheet -- written for the installation of SEPP/TIPP on the MLB servers for STAMPS 2018
- Reference Slides from Tutorial -- Slides used in this tutorial, designed to be a quick guide with useful information for future reference. Can be downloaded here
Please flag us down when you have questions, we are happy to help!
In the future, you may wish to
- Downloaded SEPP/TIPP from here.
- Work through additional tutorials found here.
- Download SEPP/TIPP reference packages. The current packages are partly tested but do not have a permanent home, but they are temporarly on Dropbox.
Mirarab, S., N. Nguyen, and T. Warnow. (2012). SEPP: SATe-Enabled Phylogenetic Placement. Proceedings of the 2012 Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing (PSB 2012) 17:247-258. doi:10.1142/9789814366496_0024
Nguyen, N., S. Mirarab, B. Liu, M. Pop, and T. Warnow (2014). TIPP:Taxonomic Identification and Phylogenetic Profiling. Bioinformatics 30(24):3548-3555. doi:10.1093/bioinformatics/btu721