This repo contains files the MIT Sloan Data Analytics club used for our March 2nd bootcamp introducing members to ipython and the scientific python stack.
- Our slides introducing the bootcamp and ipython
- basics.ipynb introduces the basics of ipython notebook.
- crunchbase.ipynb demos some basic pandas functionality.
- taxirides.ipynb covers some examples of using matplotlib to generate pretty graphs.
- Numpy.ipynb shows some very basic Numpy functionality and includes an example of calculating the optimal stock portfolio in a contrived example.
- titanic.ipynb introduces the titanic dataset (from Kaggle) and shows some basic data exploration.
- Regression and ML.ipynb shows how to predict titanic survivors using RFs, SVMs, and logistic regression.