This is the main code repository of MPExtended. Source code of all our projects can be found here. See our homepage for more information.
If you want to try MPExtended, please see our homepage for downloads and documentation.
These are some quick instructions on getting started with MPExtended:
- Before you open the solution for the first time, run the
Tools\restore-packages.batscript. This downloads the NuGet packages used by MPExtended. (You can leave this step out, but then Visual Studio will give an error on your first build).
- Start Visual Studio as an administrator (elevated permissions are needed to start the WCF services)
- Build the whole solution or at least the MPExtended.ServiceHosts.ConsoleHost project. This is needed to force Visual Studio to build the plugins.
- Start the MPExtended.ServiceHosts.ConsoleHost project to start the service in the foreground
- Start the MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal project to start WebMediaPortal
- There is some documentation for developers available in the MediaPortal wiki.