The first post 0.X release - ChameleonForms has been used extensively across a number of production sites and we are happy for it to be used in production. We will be aiming to reduce the number of breaking changes to the library from here.
This version contains:
- Comprehensive documentation
- Twitter Bootstrap 3 Template
- Out-of-the-box support for representing:
- An encapsulating form
- Messages in a form
- Sections and nested sections of form fields
- A variety of form fields driven by model metadata (including: Boolean, DateTime, enums, lists of enums, lists of arbitrary items, multi-line text, file uploads, password inputs, normal inputs)
- Nested fields
- Navigation areas with buttons
- Integration with ASP.NET MVC 4 (including client-side unobtrusive validation)
Installation is easier done through NuGet:
Install-Package ChameleonForms Install-Package ChameleonForms.TwitterBootstrap3
Alternatively, a binary is attached to this release.
The full backlog can be seen on the Trello board, but the following are likely to be the next features that are investigated:
- Better sub view model support (including partials and editor templates)
- Fine-grained configuration of required designators
- Support for excluding particular enum values
- Horizontal and inline forms with Twitter Bootstrap
If you have feature ideas or would like to request that a specific feature that you would find useful be prioritised by the team raise an issue to let us know.