Early alpha, please use with caution!
brunch is lightweight client side framework on top of backbone.js, eco and stylus using coffee-script
How to Install
you can get brunch using the node package manager
npm install brunch
How to Use
create a new project using 'proj' as app namespace
brunch new <proj>
start the file watcher to process all .coffee, .sass or .html file changes automatically
build the project
brunch provides the possibility to choose between different project templates currently these are available
- express (default)
you can choose between them via option "--projectTemplate"
brunch new my_app --projectTemplate base
Just the basic brunch layout including src, config and build.
Includes build in express server which will be started with "brunch watch". You can take a look at the app at "localhost:8080".
Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
Instead of reinventing the wheel, brunch assembles awesome wheels.
Watch coffeescript files and compile them via
and run tests via
Feel free to contact us at Freenode #brunch in the IRC client of your choice.
- more & improved documentation
- fancy welcome page
- come up with a require solution
- add support for subfolders - see issue #16
- add collections folder
- move concatination.js to app.js
- provide option to set docs output path
- fix bug (dispatch is called multiple times)
- add information about source to reset.styl
- directly call fusion, stylus and coffeescript instead of spawning child process
- merge js files into app.js (call coffeescript compile manually)
- copy css files to build
- add zepto to brunch cdn
- add "build deploy" which generates index.html with script tags using cdn
- add phonegap support