Longneck data integration tool core library.
Longneck solves data transformation problems to enable efficient data integration for data warehousing or other transformation-intensive data cleaning and ETL activities.
- simple and efficient data- and computational model,
- an extensible and flexible XML-based transformation language,
- modular and reusable transformation descriptors,
- a fast, scalable and robust Java execution engine for both multithreaded single-machine and distributed applications.
Core longneck functionality is extended with extensions, a transformation rule repository and examples, which include
- longneck-weblog extension for reading and parsing webserver log files,
- weblog-demo application, an example application to feed web analytics applications,
- longneck-cdv extension to check verification digits,
- longneck-app-seed to provide a seed application which is easy to start with, and can be used to process CSV files, copy tables etc. with ease
- longneck-content-repo, a transformation rule repository, providing basic blocks and entities to start with,
- longneck-dns extension, reverse DNS, to get the domain name for IP addresses,
- longneck-lookup extension to enable dictionary lookups,
- longneck-bdb extension for persistent key-value store-based dictionaries, eg. to track cookies for unique visitor identification in webserver logs, or to cache domain names for IPs,
- longneck-lookup extension to enable dictionary lookups.
See http://longneck.sztaki.hu for more details.