This is a simple project to convert PDF files containing Prosper 1099-B transactions to CSV format.
IRS guidelines require transactions for which the cost basis was not reported to the IRS to be included as separate line items on Form 8949. Prosper 1099-B transactions fall into this category.
This project can be used to convert the transactions into CSV format that can then be copied and written to a CSV file. The CSV file can then be a) imported into a tax program able to automatically generate Form 8949 (e.g. TaxAct), or b) imported into a spreadsheet to generate a statement as a substitute for Form 8949 that can be attached with Form 8453, or c) given to a tax professional that will know what to do with it.
Supported Tax Years
- v1.0.0 - Supports tax years 2017 and 2018
- v1.1.1 - Supports tax years 2017, 2018, and 2019
- JDK 1.8 is installed
- An internet connection is required to download gradle dependencies
Steps to run:
- Download/clone the project.
- Open the command prompt and
cdto the root directory of the project.
- Run the command
./gradlew clientInstall bootRunto download client dependencies and start the service (on Windows use
- Browse to: http://localhost:8080