A Childcare Scheduling Application, December 2018
By Mackenzie Berliner-Glasser, Sarah Flynn, and Mike Lambert
Nanny Now is an application designed to assist 3rd-party childcare placement agencies compete in a digital world. It connects families and nannies to assist with scheduling of short-term childcare/babysitting appointments.
- Clone Repository from Github
- Install dependencies from root folder using "npm install" command.
- Be sure to have MongoDB installed on your computer. If you do not currently have it, follow these instructions for installation.
- Create a .env file at the root of the server folder.
- Copy and paste the example from the .envexample file into your .env file and replace "<YOUR_PORT_HERE>" with the port for your computer. Your port is likely something like "localhost:27017". Then add in what you would like your database to be called where it says "<NAME_OF_DATABASE>". Examples include "nanny", "nanny-db", etc.
- Open your Mongo server.
- Seed the database from root of the server folder using "npm run seed" command. You should now have some seeded data to work with.
- From the root directory, run "npm run build" command and then "npm start" to start the built application.
- _In your browser, navigate to localhost:7891.
- Pre-existing login info for two different roles:_
Support and contact details
Please feel free to reach out to any of the Nanny Now! team for anything at all
- Mackenzie Berliner-Glasser - GitHub Profile
- Sarah Flynn - GitHub Profile
- Mike Lambert - GitHub Profile
Copyright (c) 2018 Mackenzie Berliner-Glasser, Sarah Flynn, and Michael Lambert