Straightforward Pong Game written in VHDL.
Runs on the Basys 2 board from Digilent
Read more about it in this blog post.
Watch a video of this project in action on youtube.
- Multiplayer: Battle against your friend
- Play against the AI. Or AI vs AI battles
- Score Keeping
- Hidden Mode / Easter Egg
|Player Left/1 Paddle movement||btn2 and btn3|
|Player Right/2 Paddle movement||btn0 and btn1|
|Player Left/1 AI Enable||switch7|
|Player Right/2 AI Enable||switch6|
Here just a list of things implemented in this design
- Collision Detection and Resolution
- VGA Output, game video
- Text display on VGA which includes a ram arbiter (uses my other project FP-V-GA Text)
- Basic AI for the paddles
- Button and Switch Input
- Seven Segment driver (BCD converter)