Test code to check if Appium works well for the various environments.
- Install Node.js and npm.
- Install Java8 and Java9 (both required to pass all tests)
- Install required library by
npm installin this directory.
- Install Appium server so that it can be called from the command line.
- Connect Android real device and iOS real device for which required Appium set up has been completed.
- Create AVD (= Android emulator) used for the test (don't need to launch it).
- Set the following environment variable if necessary.
APPLE_TEAM_ID_FOR_MAGIC_POD: Your Apple team ID for iOS real device test.
UPDATED_WDA_BUNDLE_ID_FOR_MAGIC_POD: UpdatedWdaBundleID capabilities which is sometimes required for iOS real device test.
AVD10_FOR_MAGIC_POD: The name of the existing AVD (= Android emulator) for Android 10 emulator test like
AVD9_FOR_MAGIC_POD: Similar to AVD7_FOR_MAGIC_POD, like
Run only specific test
If you want to run only tests for some platform, use the command like the following:
npm test -- --grep "iOS real device"
Run for the Appium server from the latest GtiHub master
Run like the following.
APPIUM_MAIN_JS_PATH_FOR_MAGIC_POD=/Users/itonozomi/Documents/GitHub/appium/build/lib/main.js npm test
APPIUM_MAIN_JS_PATH_FOR_MAGIC_POD environment variable is specified,
the test calls main.js by node instead of the Appium executable.