Magisk WiFi Bonding and MTK AP useful
Make 2.4Ghz/5Ghz WiFi running at 40Mhz and make 2x2 on MTK solution AP working on your Qualcomm devices!
Please follow the instuction below from @axeldna:
- Removed the installed Wifi Bonding module.
- Removed all saved wifi 2.4Ghz networks (I removed all of them anyway, but shouldn't be necessary).
- Rebooted the phone (to make sure wifi settings are removed from cloud account too).
- Installed the Wifi Bonding module.
- Rebooted the phone (as indicated by Magisk to start the module).
- With a phone "free of wifi" and with a fresh Wifi Bonding module, I joined 2.4Ghz wifi networks.
- Checked my newly registered 2.4Ghz networks and they are showing 150Mbps Link Speed.
- On some MTK solution AP, they are showing 300Mbps Link Speed.
This module should work on most of the devices. By default, some devices provided an ini file to control the wifi behavior. This module modified the
WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini in order to support 40mhz. The basic logic is simple, but not all devices need such kind of module. If you can find
WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini in your system partition, please open an issue to report it to me; if you can't, this module won't work for you, including almost all Nexus/Pixel devices.
- You should use latest Magisk Manager to install this module. If you meet any problem under installation from Magisk Manager, please try to install it from recovery.
- Recent fixes: Magisk v17 Template 17000 compatabilities