Simple, realtime multiplayer landscape.
- realtime multiplayer
- random, realistic world map generation (Stone, Grass, Sand, Shore, Ocean, Trees, Leaves)
- finite tilemap w/ world wrap (seamlessly transition between tilemap borders)
- 8 direction movement/facing
- leaderboard for kill counts
- terrain affects player max speed (Grass is fastest, Ocean is slowest)
- directional facing affects player max speed (side-stepping or backwards movement is slower than forwards movement)
Must have npm installed.
On a fresh git clone run
npm run-script setup to get up and running quickly!
Try it out!
npm start and with your favourite browsercoughchromecough visit
This project was lab 6 for Purdue's CS252, Systems Programming.
Web Framework: Node/Express
Realtime Data: Socket.io
I tried my best heavily commenting the codebase, so good luck!
npm run-script reset-db to delete the current database and auto-generate a fresh one.