- If you have any questions, join our Discord server, email me directly, or drop a post on the ZDoom forum thread.
- Discord: https://discord.gg/RehCYqS
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ZDoom thread: https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=54843
Have an idea? You can either open an Issue here on Github or you can make a suggestion for it on our discord server. Bear in mind, issue-based suggestions opened here are much easier to keep track of
Found a bug? Please specify in the title what version number via brackets you're using. I.e.
- [Alpha #] - Indicates the bug is in the 3.0 Alpha # version.
- [Git] - Indicates the bug is present in the github. Please include a link to which commit you are using if possible.
The following issues will be closed on sight:
- [2.0.3-] - This and earlier versions are no longer supported, as the mod has moved on.
- [Non-OpenGL Renderers] - The old Carmack ZDoom renderer support was dropped in favor of slowly gaining increased multiplayer support and higher quality visuals.
These rules are for contributing directly towards Doom4Doom via pull requests.
- No DECORATE or ACS allowed.
- DECORATE is now deprecated entirely. There's not a shred of DECORATE left except for the damagetypes.
- Anything you can do in ACS can now be done in ZScript. If you need help, ask.
- Detail your commits.
- You must specify all that has changed if you wish to have a higher chance of acceptance.
- Notify us of defects/caveats.
- If you know there are issues or problems, tell us and we'll help you work out what said problems are.
- Rejections may not be final.
- If you're asked to change something, the Pull Request may be left open. This depends on how big and complex the code is.
- Pull requests may be contested with the primary developers at any time, which may delay the process.
- If a PR is ultimately declined for a specific permanent reason, it is considered final and should be dropped.
- Use a program like SourceTree or GitKraken to upload files.
- Avoid using GitHub directly. With the aforementioned programs, you can commit all your files at once versus one at a time.
- You only need one of these.
- SourceTree: https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/
- GitKraken: https://www.gitkraken.com/
- Use proper indentation.
- Tabs, not spaces, should be used when making adjustments. Thus, you should use a programmer's notepad or SLADE to perform the edits.
- Notify us.
- While I do have the email system set up, sometimes I miss the notification from being gone.
GZDoom latest release
See the Changelog inside the Docs tab for the most up-to-date changes.