Awesome Android Learner
Another Awesome for those who are searching a study guide for android development. You can find interesting posts, tools, plugins, open source apps, everything that may help to develop more and better android things.
- Futurice - best practices: Cool updated list of great practices to follow.
- Android Study Group conferences list: list of upcoming and old conferences. WOW!
- Wireless debug: how to develop without connect your device through USB.
- Clean Architecture: one way to architect your apps.
- Elminating code overhead - Square 2015: Android performance ideas to use from Jacke Warthon.
- Jake Wharton - testing robots: a testing maintainability idea.
- Android Scripts: list of scripts that show how to install dependencies from a terminal, copy env variables to gradle.properties files easy, etc...
- Android-Development-Patterns-Professional-Developers: list of patterns for android development.
- The big nerd ranch guide v1: Cool guide to learn the basics of every spec on android.
- JavaRX Essentials: Cool book to learn the cool javaRX.
- Async Android: Async usages for Android.
- Retrofit love working with apis on android: Learn all about Retrofit.
- Droidcon NYC 2016 - Espresso: A Screenshot is Worth 1,000 Words: testing experiences with espresso.
- danielgomezrico youtube android list: selected list of videos to learn android from a lot of places.
- Free - Google Developers Channel: youtube list of videos from google.
- Free - Android Developers: youtube list of cool videos.
- Fragmented podcast: Donn Felker and other folks talking about android, follow on twitter.
- Talking Kotlin: podcast focused on Kotlin.
- Android studio tips tricks: cool setups and tips for Android Studio.
- Understanding Android Naming Conventions: explains the idea behind each basic class of android framework to avoid confusions.
- Enable Lollipop colors/icon for chrome: you can add colors and icon to chrome bar to make you site beautiful and theme based on mobile.
- Install Google Apps into Genymotion Emulator: how to install google services into genymotion emulators.
- Design for Pre lollipop -compat: guide to setup project to use app compat.
- Materialize your app - Antonio Leiva: Antonio leiva post about how to materialize your app.
- Material Design Colors Explanation: learn how to use colors with material design ideas in youtube.
- Material animations shared elements AppCompat - Antonio Leiva: how animate views between activities!.
- CodePath - Lollipop Animations: add lollipop animations to your app.
- Why use volley: cool explanation volley (wow).
- Make Apps Beautiful: Video to make the apps see beatiful.
- Image load - Glide vs Picasso?: Comparation from image loading images.
- Which android http library to use: cool explanation for http requests and libraries.
- Activity launch modes: launch modes explanation.
- AutocompleteTextView examples (including address autocomplete): autotomplete address, accounts and more to copy and paste.
- 6 Things I wish I knew before I wrote my first app: base concepts to learn and avoid performance problems.
- Android performance - Omertsimsek: because performance matterns there are cool slides about.
- Espresso 2.0 presentation: Testing with espresso 2.0.idcon-whats-new-in-android-testing-2015-jos-alcrreca): how to test!.
- Espresso tests "architecture": give ideas about how to write tests in a clean and structured way (tests are code at the end... someone will maintain them).
- Improving UX through performance: explain which libraries they use to get images, improve performance on networking and memory management :).
- Task and document api: explains how android manage activities and tasks.
- GCM to optimize battery: clear explanation for GCM use to do requests and save battery.
Open Source Apps
- Google IO 2014 compat example: Google IO app from 2014!.
- Open libra - Material Design Showcase: Cool material design example.
- WallSplash - Material Design Showcase: wallpaper app but don´t have the last code. :(.
- Material Animation Samples: some material design examples.
- Sunshine: app developed on the Udacity course Developing Android Apps
- Free/paid - OFFICIAL GOOGLE - Udacity: Google android official courses and nanodegree.
- Free - Codepath Android Wiki: guides for android dev from codepath guys.
- Free - New Circle Courses: New circle courses for android.
- Vysor: Mirror (clickable) the device screen into chrome, helpful for meetings on hangout/hero or something.
- Android Tool: easy take iOS and Android screenshots.
- Image optim: Make your assets smaller.
#brew cask install imageoptim.
- Sip: cool color picker.
- Alfi: check new versions for your dependencies from terminal.
- Adobe color: helps to define colors pallete for our apps.
- Material Design Color Generator: let you create the full pallete from a single color in hexa, rgb, etc...
- Android Demo mode: change status bar items for screenshots like wifi at full level.
- Density Converter: helps to see values for each density.
- Android Asset Studio: Assets management.
- Material Palette: helps to define colors on material design interfaces.
- Material Design Icons: search and download official android icons.
- Device sizes: check screen size for each device.
Android Studio/ Gradle Plugins
- Adb-Idea: Helps you to reset app data, uninstall app, and others from android studio and other
- Material design icon generator: helps you to import drawables for each size from the material icon source into android studio with defined size and color.
Apps for test devices (for you)
- Android - Material: see the material palette on your device.
- Android - Clean Status Bar put a fake clean status bar for google play screenshots.
- Texpand: save time creating autocomplete texts inside your android test device.
- Android tool belt: fill the ram helping to test bad memory escenarios.
Other Awesomes (categorized list of awesome links)
- Android community: list of videos.
- android-blogs: List with blogs about Android.
- Android libs: simple list of avialable libs.
- Android Arsenal: list of available open libs with GUI, comments and so on.
- Github - snowdream awesome: Categorized awesome.
- Github - wasabeef awesome ui: Categorized awesome.
- Github - JStumpp awesome: Categorized awesome.
- Codepath - Must have libraries: Cool guide about base libs for every project.
- Android performance: help you to learn about how to add performance boost.
To the extent possible under law, Daniel Gomez has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.