Welcome to the Zend Framework 2.0.0 Release!
Zend Framework 2.0.0rc2
This is the second release candidate for 2.0.0. We will be releasing RCs on a weekly basis until we feel all critical issues are addressed. At this time, we anticipate no API changes before the stable release, and recommend testing your production applications against it.
01 August 2012
UPDATES IN RC2
- REALLY removed Zend\Markup from the repository (we reported it removed for RC1, and had in fact created the repository for it, but not removed it from the zf2 repository).
- Addition of Hydrator strategies, to allow easier hydration of composed objects. The HydratorInterface remains unchanged, but the shipped hydrators now all implement both that and the new StrategyEnabledInterface.
- Zend\View\Model\ViewModel::setVariables() no longer overwrites the internal variables container by default. If you wish to do so, it does provide an optional $overwrite argument; passing a boolean true will cause the method to overwrite the container.
- Zend\Validator\Iban was expanded to include Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) support
- Zend\Mvc\Controller\ControllerManager now allows fetching controllers via DI. This is done via a new DiStrict abstract service factory, which only fetches services in a provided whitelist.
- Zend\Json\Encoder now accepts IteratorAggregates.
- Controller, Filter, and Validator plugin managers were fixed to no longer share instances.
- Zend\Form was updated to only bind values that were actually provided in the data. Additionally, if a Collection has no entries, it will be removed from the validation group. Finally, elements with the name "0" (zero) are now allowed.
- Zend\View\Helper\Doctype was updated to respond true to isRdfa() when the doctype is an HTML5 variant.
- Zend\Navigation was fixed to ensure the navigation services is passed correctly between helpers. Additionally, a bug in Mvc::isActive() was fixed to ensure routes were properly seeded.
- The GreaterThan and LessThan validators were updated to pass constructor arguments to the parents, for consistency with other validators.
- Log formatters are now responsible for formatting DateTime values in the log events.
- The Console ViewManager was updated to extend from the standard HTTP version, and to use Config instead of Configuration, fixing several minor issues.
- Zend\Version was moved to Zend\Version\Version (for consistency)
- Zend\Debug was moved to Zend\Debug\Debug (for consistency)
- All protected members that still had underscore prefixes were refactored to remove that prefix.
- Identified and fixed all CS issues as identified by php-cs-fixer, and added php-cs-fixer to the Travis-CI build tasks.
- ServiceManagerAwareInterface was removed from all but the most necessary locations, and replaced with ServiceLocatorAwareInterface.
- Zend\Feed\Reader, Zend\Dom, Zend\Serializer\Wddx, and Zend\Soap were not properly protecting against XXE injections; these situations have now been corrected.
Around 70 pull requests for a variety of features and bugfixes were handled since beta5!
Zend Framework 2 requires PHP 5.3.3 or later; we recommend using the latest PHP version whenever possible.
Please see INSTALL.md.
QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
Online documentation can be found at http://framework.zend.com/manual. Questions that are not addressed in the manual should be directed to the appropriate mailing list:
If you find code in this release behaving in an unexpected manner or contrary to its documented behavior, please create an issue in the Zend Framework issue tracker at:
If you would like to be notified of new releases, you can subscribe to the fw-announce mailing list by sending a blank message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The files in this archive are released under the Zend Framework license. You can find a copy of this license in LICENSE.txt.
The Zend Framework team would like to thank all the contributors to the Zend Framework project, our corporate sponsor, and you, the Zend Framework user. Please visit us sometime soon at http://framework.zend.com.