ManageIQ V2V plugin
The purpose of this repository is to provide UI infrastructure to ManageIQ for the V2V effort. V2V is an acronym for virtual to virtual, referring to the process of importing virtual machines from one virtualization platform to another.
The gem is available as open source under the terms of the Apache License 2.0.
- Define infrastructure mappings for migrating disks and lans from a source cluster to a destination cluster
- Define migration plans for one or more VMs associated with the infrastructure mapping
- Run a migration plan and obvserve the migration status for each VM
- Use REST API communication with ManageIQ API
- Create a ManageIQ Plugin/seperate Rails Engine to handle V2V interactions
- Use Ryan Florence's folder structure for React apps within a Rails application.
- Adds Compute -> Migration section to ManageIQ.
- The plugin uses PatternFly and PatternFly React UI dependencies
- Uses Redux and Redux Promise Middleware for API middleware
- Use Jest for snapshot testing UI components
V2V plugin is now installed in the appliance build of ManageIQ. You can find it referenced alongside other gems in the ManageIQ Gemfile.
For development, you need to checkout manageiq, manageiq-ui-classic, and the v2v plugin next to each other and setup the gem overrides.
Make sure to add this
manageiq-v2v gem to your
override_gem 'manageiq-v2v', :path => File.expand_path('../../manageiq-v2v/', __dir__)