Uridium 2 demake for msx 2
The project is aimed to prove that also a poor msx2 can have fine horizontal scrolling with 256 colours on screen. The game shows multi directional scrolling at different speeds. The level height is limited to 208 pixels on PAL, 160 pixels on NTSC.
- two layer scrolling (star field backplane)
- radar 1:16 zoom on the current (updated each 16 frames)
- multicolour sprites (on fly colour update)
- sprite multiplexing (reverse SAT allows up to 16 sprites per line, i.e. 8 enemies with 3 colours per line)
- animated background (updating one 16x16 tile per frame)