twitto_be is a real-time twitter monitoring dashboard, performing live social network analysis on hashtags.
Twitto.be is a
After cloning the repository, follow these steps:
- Create and complete a
params.jsonfile in the root directory, using
params-sample.jsonas a base:
ports: the ports express.js and socket.io should listen to.
monitor: definition of the tweets to monitor, one or more of the following:
monitor.description: user-friendly description of the tracked topics.
monitor.track: set of keywords to monitor in the twitter streaming API. Phrases may be used - see Twitter's
trackstream parameter documentation for details (optional).
monitor.list: Id of a twitter list whose users' tweets should be monitored (optional)
monitor.boundingBox: geolocation coordinates box to monitor in the twitter streaming API (optional).
- update the other contents of the file as suitable.
Deployment scripts are included, you may need to adapt them to your own setup. Edit
deploy:prod scripts in
package.json to modify the configuration:
- debian stable linux machine (may work in other unix environments)
- The application (
app.js) is launched and maintained up by a systemd process called
- The application is deployed in the following directory:
- The owner of
/home/srv-node-mango/twitto, is user
npm run build
- If no error was met in previous step, run
npm run deploy:prod
Similar script exists for a test environment (
Your participation is welcome.
- to report bugs, make suggestions or to ask any question, please enter a github issue. Please first perform a search before reporting an issue in order to avoid entering duplicates.
- to correct issues, improve code, send a pull request. Try to keep your commits clean. If you want to change any significant part of code and want it integrated inside twitto_be, please discuss about it before working on it.