Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
APA102 is for controlling APA102 (Adafruit's DotStar) strips on devices that have hardware SPI ports, like the Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone Black. The majority of its implementation and properties exist in DriverSPIBase. See SPI Setup for more details.
Note: SPI devices typically require root access in order to write to the SPI port. Any scripts using this class should be run with sudo.
(num, c_order = ChannelOrder.RGB, use_py_spi = True, dev="/dev/spidev0.0", SPISpeed = 16)
- num - Number of pixels to be controlled.
- c_order - Optional: Channel order used by the attached display. Can be any of the six options in the ChannelOrder class. See Channel Order for more details.
- use_py_spi - If True, SPI communication is handled by py-spidev which provides faster output. Otherwise a file access method is used.
- dev - The SPI device path to use. See SPI Setup for more details.
- SPISpeed - The SPI speed, in MHz, to use when communicating with the strip.