Welcome to the source of the official Core platform documentation. Please check out the contribution document if you are interested in helping out.
The Core Documentation Platform is built on mkdocs and following plugins for it:
- vscode-core - A VS Code extension that adds support for the Core Lua API. (public)
- LuaAPIDocumentation - Generates the API pages in
src/api/as well as the index and enums pages and the
- mkdocs-material - Our fork of the mkdocs-material theme. Included as a submodule. (public)
There are multiple version of the Core documentation, and therefore multiple branches on this repository that correspond to each.
- development - the staging site, accessible at https://development.docs.coregames.com.
- production - the live site, accessible at https://docs.coregames.com.
production is a protected branch and cannot be pushed to directly. Instead, all changes must go through the
development branch which gets then merged into
production via an approval process by the documentation team.
In addition, we use Netlify to generate preview pages for every pull request and branch. Those URLs will be listed in the status window on every pull request.