MapBBCode MOD for phpBB 2
That forum works on phpBB 2.0.21 with subRebel template and an attachments plugin, so obviously that is the target configuration. But the MOD was also tested on the latest phpBB 2 version, 2.0.23, and seemed to work.
Those steps are based on the official instructions.
- Open your forum, login as administrator and enter the Administration Panel
- Click "Install MODs" in the left tab (under "MOD Center" header) and enter your admin password for the third time.
- Look for "MapBBCode" mod and click "Process" next to it.
- Check that everything looks good, and click "Next Step", then "Complete Installation" a couple of times.
- Now you can check out the "MapBBCode" administration panel and add maps to forum posts.
db_install.phpto the forum root directory and open it in a browser. You'll have to login as administrator.
install.modwith a text editor and follow every instruction precisely. There will be a lot of copying and pasting.
- Go to the forum and check that [map] bbcode works.
Add-ons and proprietary layers
To add an add-on or a proprietary layer, you would have to modify two files:
List of changes
New files are understandable: one stand-alone script for inserting configuration values
phpbb_config database table, two language files, a script and a template
Here is why phpbb files are changed:
|Location||File||What is changed|
||Adds translation string for "Map" button in posting form.|
||A simple check for [map] tag presence in posts on a current page, loop in 8 lines.|
||4 insertions for setting
||Appends code to a second pass of parsing: adds random id to each [map], and then sets two variables for the bbcode template.|
||The same as for
||Appends a line
||Adds a block
||The same, but without translations.|