What's new - Atmoscan is evolving:
- Some small hardware changes improved the original design, including the ability to turn off itself from software, remediating one of the biggest drawbacks of the design - how to handle low battery.
- Command added to the setup menu to turn off the device
- White screen with low battery issue mitigation
- A PCB v2 design is now published together with a guide to easily apply the change to boards V1.0.
- Battery pack now based on 5 x 18650 Li-ion in "olympic circles" configuration. Way more performant and reliable than the chinese Li-Po pack
- Repositioning of the CO2 sensor, to completely separate the temperature sensor from any potential heat source
- CAD files for the complete enclosure, with improved design
Atmoscan might be (to my knowledge at least) the first ESP8266 application that uses all GPIOs, including those that allegedly cannot be used.
ATMOSCAN is a multisensor device that measures:
- VOC (Air Quality indicator)
- PM 01
- PM 01
It has an LCD color display, it is gesture controlled and it posts to ThingSpeak (or others) via MQTT, but can properly handle disconnected operations. With a rechargeable battery it lasts a full day when disconnected from power.
It uses a a multitasking cooperative framework and is very responsive to user input while sampling sensors, handling UI, posting to MQTT. I believe it squeezes quite a bit out of the tiny ESP8266...
It integrates a number of open source libraries and leverages internet web services. I started buiding the software with a proper OO application framework in mind and you can find artifacts of it... but never had the time to properly finish it the way i started, so i quickly completed it with way too many hacks. Therefore code could be way better (not properly commented, test code, residuals...). If anyone is interested in contributing, it's very welcome.
I still have a few PCBs that i am happy to give away to those who want to build it and contribute to it.
* Color screen * Gesture control * Location awareness * ThingSpeak logging * Gracefully handles connected and disconnected operation * 24h Rechargeable battery * OTA updates * Bonus features: * Weather Station * Plane Spotter
INCLUDES CODE & LIBRARIES FROM
Adafruit Arcao Bblanchon Bodmer ClosedCube Gmag11 Knolleary Lucadentella Seeed Squix78 Tzapu Wizard97
INTEGRATES WEB SERVICES FROM
Adsbexchange.com GeoNames.org Google.com Mylnikov.org Timezonedb.com Wunderground.com