ZyX, Marc, Shougo are discussing how to move this all to the next level so that all
- plugin manager (VAM, NeoBundle, PyPi etc)
- distribution systems (Gentoo Portag, Nix, npackd)
can benefit the most.
We strongly welcome everybody who wants to contribute (also Pathogen and Vundle and .. lovers).
- list all known Vim plugins
- do so in a way that everybody who is interested can reuse the information
- provide hints about deprecations or replacements
- collaborate with interested parties (other plugin managers etc)
- maybe cerate a website which provides advanced features
- setup standards for dependency management if possible.
Open tickets, thanks
- The database files: db/*.json
- Manually maintained packages and patches db/*.vim
- The Vim supporting code: autoload/*.vim Suggested main entry ponit (default implementation): vam_known_repositories#Pool() It returns a list of all known plugins. Each plugin is a dictionary. An easy way to view contents is the :VAMPluginInfo command of VAM.
- python/*.py files: scripts to update the database files
- doc/*: additional documentation
If you're looking for code which actually knowns how to download the known plugins we recommend VAM or NeoBundle.
http://vim-wiki.mawercer.de/wiki/topic/vim%20plugin%20managment.html (bottom, which hooks do we need, how to compile supporting tools, how declare dependencies)
More discussions: Some additional discussions are taking place at vim-pi's bitbucket issue tracker.
API, move contents to database having a online store ?: https://bitbucket.org/vimcommunity/vim-pi/issue/80
cross plugin manager way to describe plugins to be installed: https://bitbucket.org/vimcommunity/vim-pi/issue/95 goals: allow external tools to install plugins (parallelization etc)
This repository is an extension to http://github.com/MarcWeber/vim-addon-manager (and NeoBundle).
It is the "default source" of descriptions where to get which addons for vim-addon-manager.
Have a look at all supported plugins online: http://mawercer.de/~marc/vam/index.php
For speed reasons vam#install#LoadKnownRepos() is used to load the repo as needed only.
As VAM this repository is mantainained by ZyX and Marc Weber
- Contribute to db/scmsources.vim which contains all the git,svn,mercurial,.. sources
db/vimorgsources.json contains a dump from www.vim.org which is generated automatically. The default implementation merges both prefering the source control ones
Issues which may cause us to immediately remove plugins†:
- security issues or other similar sever issues (didn't happen yet)
Issues which may cause us to deprecate plugins, which means they can be installed but a warning will be shown†:
there are other plugins doing the same, but better - unless the less useful plugins are a significant simpler and people indiciate that they are still using it.
a plugin is obviously broken in a way so that its causing more harm than value.
† If in doubt create a bitbucket ticket and let's discuss the issue.
There are two plugins: one called align an done called Align. This will cause trouble on Windows !
VAM-KR REPOSITORY IS NOW A MIRROR OF VIM-PI. YOU SHOULD POST ALL ISSUES AND PULL REQUESTS TO THE LATTER. ANY CHANGES TO THIS REPOSITORY RESULTING IN A MERGE CONFLICT WITH UPSTREAM WILL BE DELETED BY A CRON JOB.