T2N is an extension of the TREES toolbox providing an interface between Matlab and the compartmental modeling environment NEURON.
It was published in (and should be cited this way):
Beining M, Mongiat, LA, Schwarzacher SW, Cuntz H, Jedlicka P: T2N as a new tool for robust electrophysiological modeling demonstrated for mature and adult-born dentate granule cells. eLife 2017; 6:e26517
- T2N allows an easy generation of real and synthetic morphology single-cell and network models.
- T2N speeds up simulation time by automatic distributed computing of the simulations (e.g. a series of different current steps, or series of different ion channel blocks) and by using parallel Neuron (e.g. for large-scale networks).
- All mechanisms, point processes (PPs), connections, morphologies and NEURON settings are directly set in a well-defined Matlab structure.
- For easy location-specific settings and manipulations T2N uses the TREES nodes which are automatically translated into NEURON sections and segments.
- Matlab and TREES provide convenient ways to analyze the structured simulation output of T2N, thus making T2N a valuable tool for extensive in silico structure-function analyses.
For more information on installation and usage, please read the paper and the Documentation_T2N.docx
The easiest way is to open an issue on github.
I am always open for new ideas and contributions. Please contact me via email@example.com
This software is published under the MIT license. For further information read the LICENSE file.