Clone this wiki locally
We aim to write an alternative to Thingiverse.
Create a hosting software to run a website that allows users to
- upload 3d designs for people to make using home CNC tools such as 3D printers, laser cutters and desktop CNC mills
- present the designs in 2D and 3D
- collaborate on such designs
- create designed derived from one or more existing designs
- make designs easy to find (e.g. using tags, search, ...)
This project is currently getting organised and started. Currently brainstorming
We got ourself a subforum in the Reprap forum to discuss matters. Please check it out! :)
To help the discussion, we have
After a dicussion on Google+ and a pad I opened this project for us to get organised and start this project.
Let's use the Wiki to organise the open questions, their possible solutions and the design decisions what solutions we decide on.
Discussion that got this started: