Oct 17, 2016 - Mike McMahon (email@example.com)
Please refer to the wiki for more extensive documentation.
This package facilitates the creation of simple basemaps, with the option of adding the contents of a dataframe as point data. It is intentionally simple, but flexible.
- No data needs to exist on your computer to generate a map.
- The map can focused at any extent in Canada, and includes the US, Greenland and France (for Saint Pierre and Miquelon).
- The map can be produced in almost any coordinate reference system (CRS) (many of which can be found here).
- Any dataframe with coordinates can be added to a map as points. Point data is always assumed to be in WGS84.
- Points can be styled to reflect the values they represent via
use.buckets = TRUE(i.e. bigger, darker symbols reflect larger values)
##Installing this package In R, you first need to install the devtools package, then you can install this package directly from github. In practice, this looks like:
> require(devtools) > install_github('Beothuk/bio.plotting') Downloading GitHub repo Beothuk/bio.plotting@master from URL https://api.github.com/repos/Beothuk/bio.plotting/zipball/master Installing bio.plotting .... Reloading installed bio.plotting >
Don't forget to
require(bio.plotting) to use it. Test it by running