Show Siblings (free version)
This is a plugin for the Glyphs font editor.
It superimposes a group of predefined glyphs in the background of your letters. This can be both pretty helpful in the beginning of a design as well as at intermediate progress where quick proof overview is needed. The degree of a desired match depends on each design, of course.
- In Window > Plugin Manager, click on the Install button next to the Show Siblings entry.
- Restart Glyphs.
How to use
When ever you need it, toggle
Show Siblings from the View menu.
✨Pro Version (coming soon) ✨
- More Script: Latin, Cyrillic, Greek, Thai, Khmer, Myanmar, Hangul, …
- Twins: Alternative glyphs like
.ssXXor any other suffixes.
- Movable siblings: Perfectly position them behind the current glyph.
- Match Highlighter: If a node of the current glyph matches a background node, you’ll get visual feedback.
- Drawing modes:
- Flat filled
- Flat filled with outline
- Outline only
- Outline only with removed overlaps
- Show nodes: Toggle display all nodes of all siblings
- Don’t show siblings: Toggle display of siblings
- Temporary sibling: show any glyph in as a “sibling”. No need to paste actual glyphs or components into the background layer anymore. (And forgetting them there, cluttering your files.)
- Open Tab with all siblings.
Known issues of the free version
- Currently working on Cyrillic and Greek, as well as a Custom Parameter to set up italic construction for
- Removing a component doesn’t update the displayed layer in the group members until the .glyphs file is reopened.
Feel free to comment or pull requests for any improvements.
Copyright 2015 Mark Frömberg @Mark2Mark
Made possible with the GlyphsSDK by Georg Seifert (@schriftgestalt) and Rainer Erich Scheichelbauer (@mekkablue).
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
See the License file included in this repository for further details.